The third of the Initiation Sacraments, Confirmation confers special graces of the Holy Spirit upon the person being confirmed/ As with Baptism, it can only be done once. Confirmation increases and deepens all the graces granted at Baptism.
As described in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, there are 5 effects of Confirmation:
- unites us more firmly to Christ
- increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us
- renders our bond with the Church more perfect
- it gives us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ,
- to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross.
The date for Confirmation is still TBA, however the sessions are set for the coming year.
Parent Meetings will be on January 5th and 12th, 2019. The meeting will start at 12:30 PM.
Sessions: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
April 6, 13, & 27, 2018
Retreat and Rehearsal – May 4, 2019
Commitment Ceremony – May 5 at the 11 AM Mass